Sunday, March 1, 2015

Broadchurch 2.08

What an unbelievable season! I didn't think this show would take a turn the way it did, but I had my suspicions that Claire was involved the whole time as opposed to Lee.

I didn't think it would be all three people associated with Pippa and Lisa's death, but it would make sense each one would blackmail the other for the sake of their own protection.

I am so glad there was some closure and justice coming out of Joe Miller's case. I thought Reverend Paul was going to take matters into his own hands, but his loyalty to the church and his friends proved he was doing the right thing for the town (without losing his morals). Beth's closing speech to Joe REALLY sank in with every kind of feeling any parent would express to somebody whose wronged/violated them in the worst possible way. When she said there were so many awful things she could do to him and no one would care, she hit the hammer right on the nail. The entire town was torn apart and broken by Danny's death. Everybody had deep dark secrets, none of which would've surfaced if it weren't for Danny's murder.

I'm glad Beth, Mark and Ellie did the right thing by showing he's no longer welcomed back into town to live amongst them as if nothing happened. They're burying the hatchet, but along with it want to forget he ever existed. He extended this entire season by showing what a coward he really is. I'm so happy this happened, even though I wish he was trialled guilty =/

Back to the Lee Ashworth case, I'm glad Alec Hardy can go back to Sandbrook. (I wonder if that's where season three will take us?) Once the Broadchurch case was solved, and his previous case in Sandbrook was re-opened only to be solved, now he can go back to his life. I'm sure there will be a new case for him to solve, but I hope the new season doesn't bring up his health concerns into the show as his send-off. I can't wait another year! With that horrific Gracepoint spin-off wasting my time (and David Tennant's haha), I hope the writers can get back on track and write a proper season three for this series!

No comments: