Monday, March 9, 2015

The Following 3.02, Bates Motel 3.01

The Following 3.02 Boxed In
That was so gory and mortifying on a whole new level. I'm glad they didn't show how they killed Agent Clarke, but explaining the procedure creates the imagery for the audience to experience actual horror in this episode. All the agents knew they wouldn't let Jeffrey go, that's why none of them wanted to "confess" what happened the night Lily Gray died. Still, it would have bought them some time so they could look for him. I can't get over the way he was actually murdered though. I wonder if they'll show his wife Anna in the next episode reacting to it all.

I'm not sure if I trust Max's new boyfriend. Again, I can't trust anybody who gets too close to Ryan; the same goes for anyone new in Max and Mike's lives. Mike looks closed off to everyone else so I think he will be safe in terms of his personal aspect. The cult already ripped away his father, I don't think they can do anymore damage than in the state he's already in.

Now that we know how Ryan met his doctor girlfriend Gwen, I wonder if she was placed there all along to meet him in that exact moment. She happened to show up when Ryan got Clarke air-lifted by helicopter out. She was the doctor attending to him in the end, and this seems all too suspicious. She could have been in the right place at the right time (benefit of the doubt speaking), or she also may have arranged this to happen on purpose so she could get information on Ryan and Clarke =/

I don't know anymore! This is just all too traumatic to process. Gwen could have an ulterior motive, and back in the premiere at the wedding dinner, she was cornered BUT never really spoke up about it since Ryan went to do the wedding toast. She was spooked out but not too much =S If she is part of it, this will turn ugly. If she really is just a supportive girlfriend, than she's going to end up being used as bait. I've seen too much of this show already to think otherwise. The key is to trust no one.

Bates Motel 3.01 A Death in the Family
I'm glad there was a preview before tonight's episode because it's been a year too long since I've seen the finale.

Norma is getting too clingy and close for comfort for Norman. His mentality is deranged right now and doesn't look like he can function without "mommy's support". I'm happy Dylan said something upfront without keeping it in. The more open the family is to each other, the better they can protect one another.

I'm so happy Emma showed up, I was beginning to worry what happened with her character and if she would stick around at the motel. I hope she does homeschooling with Norman through the season. I feel she's the only stable person who can keep an eye out for him the same way Dylan does. Norma takes things too far, and that could be because of her lack of mother figure. She becomes overbearing and tries to make up for not having that role model in her life growing up. It's entirely a psychological situation, which makes it interesting to see what Norman Bates is to become.

I'm glad Dylan is trying to start a clean sheet of a life. Sheriff Romero's intentions look to better everything for the town, and he's off to a great start with burning up the marijuana farms. When he was in the barn and slammed the thug into the counter, I couldn't stop laughing! Romero is going to play an awesome role in this series, I hope this doesn't make him a target for people running other malicious activity.

No comments: