Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Arrow 3.16, Reign 2.17, X Company 1.05

Arrow 3.16 The Offer
All the fighting girls have daddy issues! Captain Lance isn't talking to Laurel, Ra's turned on Nyssa, and Thea's been against Merlyn for quite some time.

I'm glad Oliver isn't taking Ra's a Ghul's offer on taking over the league, but now Ra's is posing with Arrow's identity. I don't like him in Starling City, he's trying too hard to be a staple character when he's making me miserable. I understand the DC Comics franchise has all of them intertwine (we see League of Assassins in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy) but having him in Arrow is a bit much. If the next TV show to overlap is Gotham, it will be an overload since it's presently in Bruce Wayne's upbringing.

Finally, Felicity came clean to Oliver on his feelings on Ray. His timing was late, that's why Felicity's moved on. Simple as that. Even though the audience is cheering for Felicity and Oliver, it's appropriate they allowed her to move on.

The episode was slow for me, and Merlyn looks like he's still in the picture until he gets back on his feet.

Reign 2.17 Tempting Fate
I knew Francis was sick! I felt if Mary officially chose to be with Conde, this would be his downfall. It's good Conde came clean with the deal with Elizabeth and the English throne. I knew he was playing a double agent in this, because he pursued Mary and turned down every chance his brother offered him to advance his status.

I don't know if Conde will last though. If Mary is supposed to be by Francis' side, that means Conde would have to leave the picture. Lola looks like she's on Mary's side, kind of the only person cheering for her really. I'm thinking Greer would do the same if she wasn't banished. Leith's ambition to save and marry her may not be a lost cause. (You kind of need an annulment first though haha)

Is Bash really dead? I know the healer is trying to work her magic, but this means he'll go missing for days. Also, Kenna is in the castle without any knowledge of this. Hoping Kenna and Bash can fix their marriage, for a while they looked like the only stable pairing in all of this.

X Company 1.05 Walk with the Devil
Impressed that Alfred and Aurora pulled off their mission so well. They saved so many girls even though they couldn't bring Claire along. As soon as I found out the hospital was a birth house for "perfect Arian babies," my stomach turned into knots. This is one of the many situations

Glad to see Juliet Stevenson get a spot in this show! Too bad she couldn't stick around, but then she would've found out the team couldn't save Claire. It shows a lot of people were forced to play parts they didn't want to for the sake of survival.

This was also the first time we didn't see Alfred have his blue flashbacks in the jail cell. When he broke down in front of Aurora, my heart dropped and my eyes got watery. Jack Laskey is a marvellous actor! When he explained what happens to the new borns if they're not up to "perfect" standards, I was horrified. I can't imagine the nightmare endured in this time-period, it's heartbreaking how much the Holocaust has taken away from people. I am digging Alfred and Aurora together; I hope they keep building their relationship with each other.

I can't believe this show only gets eight episodes for the first season. I like the history and backstories given in each situation; it's more interesting to see where each character comes from, their life and personal struggles.

No comments: