Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Tomorrow People 1.06, Arrow 2.06

The Tomorrow People 1.06 Sorry For Your Loss
The writers have done well with this show. We found out Russell's story before he joined the Tomorrow People, the circumstances he dealt with and why he masks his emotions with his humour. John was nice enough to help, but of course he knew Russell would get distracted along the way. 

Twisting in Darcy leaving a sister behind shows a lot of sacrifice and manipulation caused their separation. She sacrificed her personal life but could have went to ultra against her will, which is where she was brainwashed to annihilate her own species. I was surprised with Darcy's character change in the bar. I didn't think she'd listen to Stephen about saving her sister. 

Cara is going too far with Stephen. She's riding on her anger against John and abusing the situation. I see her playing it off with guilt and then blaming John for keeping secrets from her. I hate when vengeful couples do that. 

Arrow 2.06 Keep Your Enemies Closer
Not so much interested in the filler island flashback scenes. They include Sara, but she's no longer in Starling City. I don't find it relevant to Oliver's present life. 

I didn't think the writers would pair Oliver with Isabel. It looks temporary but may endanger the corporation and her life outside the company. I always thought she was pulling strings but after seeing Sebastian Blood, maybe she's just misunderstood new money. 

I find myself less invested in the show only because I'm fascinated by The Tomorrow People as the alternative. 

No comments: