Tuesday, November 26, 2013

MisterWives, American Authors and The Royal Concept at Virgin MobileMOD Club

What a nice surprise! Shows like these are the reason why I enjoy diving into new music without a preconceived idea of their sound. It's a big chance of whether or not I enjoy the music, but it was definitely a nice discovery last night.

I knew about the American Authors from back when they opened for Royal Teeth at the beginning of June. That was the only band I was familiar with and my reason for purchasing a ticket to last night's Three of Clubs Fall Tour. They've gotten so much exposure ever since (i.e.: they made an appearance on Jay Leno's Late Show last month and radio show appearances on non-show dates).

The band brought Queens, New York based MisterWives and Swedish band The Royal Concept to my attention. I didn't know I've heard The Royal Concept's music before in passing (they have their popular song "On Our Way" out at the moment) but now I know who they are! Both bands have upbeat music with an eclectic and alternative twist, kind of like American Authors (who are more alternative and upbeat). I would describe MisterWives as bubbly and refreshing. The lead singer Mandy has fantastic vocals with a gorgeous rasp and wide range.

I bought all their EP's with the exception of MisterWives (who releases theirs in January) and now have new music to enjoy!

MisterWives; William, Murph, Mandy, Etienne, Dr. Blum and Marc

American Authors; James, Zac, Dave and Matt in the back.

The Royal Concept; Filip, David, Povel and Magnus.

David was awesome and wrote "Grattis pÄ födelsedagen" [Happy Birthday in Swedish] for me across the top haha

No comments: