Friday, November 8, 2013

The Paper Kites at Horseshoe Tavern

About two months ago, my two best friends Stacey and Nicole agreed we would go see this new Australian band. We purchased tickets back in the summertime when we knew our fall and winter would be jam packed.

The Paper Kites are an indie folk band, and they aren't what I'd stumble into on a whim. A lot of the songs they performed were mellow and slow. I found it somewhat depressing because they hit the stage at about 10:30pm and the old person in me was really sleepy. A couple of their songs were alright and I think I'll look them up on iTunes tomorrow. Again, their music genre wasn't exactly my taste but I will give it another shot with the songs I did enjoy. 

Halfway through, I was able to make my way a couple steps through the crowd and not have to view the band through other people's smart phones.

All in all, last night was fun with my two best friends =)


No comments: