Thursday, November 21, 2013

Reign 1.06 Chosen

Reign 1.06 Chosen
We finally have a Sebastian centered episode (sort of)! I am glad they've touched upon his spiritual powers, the Pagan belief and how he inherits it from his mother, Diane. The writers finally explain what goes on in the forests on the palace grounds, but I don't understand why there isn't control over there. I think they must be runaways who overrun the forest, even though the kingdom is Catholic. The rebellion must be strong if they're hiding all over the castle.

Surprise guest appearance by Christopher Redman (Graceland, Arrow) and I wish he stuck around. The scenes he did with Bash were really intense. It looks like Bash really cares for Mary and I've been wanting for him to take a bigger role in standing for her.

I want to say Bash will use his powers for good, but I can see a jealous Francis provoking him into doing something else in the future episodes. It must be a mixture of his love for Mary and King Henry loving Bash more than Francis.

Not the greatest of episodes, but a significant wedge is driven between Francis and Mary. I am hoping Mary stands her ground like in the previous episode and gets to the bottom of Queen Catherine's plans.

No comments: