Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reign 1.05 A Chill in the Air

Reign 1.05 A Chill in the Air
Now I knew I wouldn't like this new character Olivia but at least by the end the episode, we found out the purpose of her presence. Also I'm very happy Mary is taking charge and not playing a doe-eyed lady of the court. She has every right to suspect everyone, especially Catherine, to try and throw her out of France.

Thank you Francis for being a gentleman only to go back on your word, to being apologetic and back again to a full blown jerk. He has it in him to still be the hero, it's whether or not his heart will stick to protecting Mary. I hope this doesn't play out to be a loveless marriage. I'm optimistic and thoroughly invested in Mary and Francis!

The drunken confession scene Mary has with Bash had me laughing so hard, actually it was my favourite scene of the entire episode. I was waiting for the moment in the show Bash and Mary would finally be alone. It looked as if the writers, producers and marketing team were pushing for this all along. I just wondered when it would happen and I am happy it was at the start of the season! 

Does Nostradamus know about Bash and his supernatural abilities? He speaks openly about the practice but not particularly about Bash and his talents. I want that clarified soon.

Looks like Mary is losing Kenna to the king. She's running out of close friends who are supposed to support her. I'm happy Aylee is a double spy for Mary's sake. She's become the Severus Snape of the story =P I also hope Queen Catherine's plans fail miserably.

I'm very happy Reign announced they were picked up for a full season on Monday. I hope the story stretches out to be a great one with the right mix of comedy, romance and dark secrets. I know there's a lot of historical inaccuracies (yes – I know I always say this in nearly every entry) but it plays out to be more entertaining with all the fictional twists!

No comments: