Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Fundays!

The Walking Dead 4.01 30 Days Without an Accident
As per my expectations, the season premier for The Walking Dead was informative and less action packed. I like the gradual change and growth within the group. People have a structure to follow where they are able to survive together.

How about Rick when he's on his own? I think it's good to see he's the leader who remains human. He is still emotional, still seeks the advice of those he trusts and still makes mistakes. His scenes in the episode showed his vulnerability and growth as a leader. I absolutely love all of this. I can't wait to see the development of the sheriff this season.

I've got a major question, which I hope gets answered soon if it is something to watch out for. The make up and set department are magnificent, and I've seen a change with a particular zombie at the beginning in front of the prison fence. I noticed the eye sockets were coming out of the face with blood stains on the face. I'm thinking maybe with the lack of food left, are the zombies going to die out on their own? It's my imagination thinking of how the film 28 Weeks Later started with the disease dying from starvation. I pieced the theory together and think it may be a good one if the people don't kill each other as opposed to zombies killing people.

Once Upon a Time 3.03 Quite a Common Fairy
I am such a sucker for the story of Peter Pan in Neverland so I am biased on my love for this season. This back story made season two flow so well into this one. I am very impressed with how they've switched around character peresonas as well.

Everyone is connected at one point and the change in typical character traits works so well. I admire the consistency through out this show with relevant flashbacks and present day (unlike Arrow, the flashbacks are terribly boring). I can't wait to see what the back story for Captain Hook will be. He's already one of my favourite characters and I expect to be surprised since he had a wonderful storyline last season.

Last but not least, Tinkerbell and Robin Hood look like they'll have a greater impact in the coming episodes. Really excited for their stories to really develop.

Both great shows to watch during this Thanksgiving weekend =)

No comments: