Saturday, October 26, 2013

Josh Groban at the Air Canada Centre!

Since I was 13, I've been a fan of this man for so long. I purchased tickets with my friend Linda back in early May and we knew this was a concert to look forward to together.

I remember when one time I was at Sherway Gardens one weekend and Josh Groban did a mall tour. I recall him being surrounded by a MASSIVE pool of women outside the Bay entrance wing. I remember liking his music when my dad would play Andrea Bocelli's CD in the car and then switched it over to Josh Groban. Afterwards, David Foster found Josh Groban and helped him on is way.

I've been a fan ever since, and last night was also my first time seeing him in concert. It was magnificent, to say the least. Josh's voice is so powerful and his music touches so many people's lives.

Judith Hill was also opening up for Josh Groban on tour! I knew back in August when she was announced and was looking forward to hearing her sing live. I've also been a fan of Judith ever since she sang at Michael Jackson's funeral. I knew her afterwards as one of Josh Groban's back up singers when I saw her in his music video "Brave" and a few of his live TV appearances.

During the concert, she also did a meet and greet following her opening, just before Josh took the stage. She was very sweet and humble when she met with fans. I got her autograph and I can feel that she was happy to meet so many fans during her first visit to Toronto.

People who buy the VIP ticket packages and sit on the floor seat, they get the opportunity to have a meet and greet with Josh and his band. Josh also asks them to write questions down with a their seat number for the chance to have him randomly read it during the concert. He picked three questions and the first one was from a young girl who said she has seen him three times in concert (lucky girl!) Her next question was whether or not there is an artist or band he admires that he too sees on more than one occasion. I totally forgot what his answer was HAHA but his third question completely stole the show. It was from a guy named Todd attending the concert with his girlfriend. He said that his girlfriend really loves his music and if there was a possibility Josh could come over and help him ask her a question. Josh ran over with the mic to his seat and Todd proposed to his girlfriend in front of everybody in the stadium! It was amazing to watch and I even told my friend Linda I just became a believer that chivalry is not dead.

Nearing the end of the concert, Judith came back on stage to sing "The Prayer" with Josh. It put my friend Linda to tears, and she told me once her mom got very ill a long time ago. This song was the one that that made her feel better and have hope to getting better. Josh Groban really does touch lives with his music in so many ways =')

Here is the Toronto setlist he played:
1. Brave
2. False Alarms
3. February Song
4. Un Alma Mas
5. Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)
6. Alla Luce
7. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
8. Sincera
9. Remember When It Rained (featuring Judith)
10. The whole band jam for a bit, Christian Hebel starts with Aerosmith's "Dream On" on his violin
11. Voce Existe Em Mim
12. To Where You Are
13. She Moved Through the Fair
14. The Prayer (featuring Judith again)
15. I Believe (When I Fall in Love it Will Be Forever) by Stevie Wonder
ENCORE
16. You Raise Me Up
17. Smile by Charlie Chaplin

No comments: