Sunday, May 10, 2015

Once Upon a Time 4.22, 4.23

Once Upon a Time 4.22 Operation Mongoose: Part 1 // 4.23 Operation Mongoose: Part 2
This was actually an interesting twist on things! I kind of like the role reversal for villains and heroes to switch places in this format. When we knew the intent was villains to get s a happy ending, I didn't think it would mean they would get the storyline to their opposites. It strays from the happy endings in Storybrooke, but I think this will mean they will have alternative stories.

Making Henry the next author was what I assumed from the beginning! Of course I thought it was an adult Henry from the future, but having multiple authors after their time is done means there can always be more than one. That was very noble of him to snap the quill at the end of the finale. Symbolizes he is worthy and doesn't want anymore harm to come to his family.

Emma is beating me up inside with cocooning all of her emotions for Hook. I feel she is hurting the audience more than she is herself haha! She finally told Killian she loves him in the end after her sacrifice happened *confetti throw* but now there's a new problem at hand. Rumplestilskin's heart is pure and clear, but the darkness swallowed Emma instead.

As the saviour, Emma can see the light if everybody else in town can help her. I wonder what the next season will have in store, but this was actually an amazing twist to it all. Even after all they've been through, I think the writers did a great job with foreshadowing the possibility of Emma's ability to go dark after the mid-season premier. I'm hoping this means the characters can stray away from Storybrooke for real answers, but my assumption is that the apprentice is the best person with answers for the time being.

There's nothing else I can cover about this show that hasn't already been said. I'm hoping for another original storyline to come. With Lily as a new character addition, maybe she can be the best person to seek answers to win her back.

No comments: