Monday, May 11, 2015

Bates Motel 3.10 Unconscious

Bates Motel 3.10 Unconscious
Alright, so I know last week's episode was called "Crazy" but that's the only word I can find to describe this finale! What a rollercoaster of a season this has been. So much has happened, and I didn't think all this information with the entire town would take a turn this way. I want to briefly say that this is also the first episode where Norma and Norman's personalities were polar opposite for once. When Norma found out he's leaving, she didn't raise her voice or try to provoke the situation any further. When Norman got avid and tried to hurry himself out, that was the only time Norma took action. Normally, we see Norma with the manic behaviour and Norman kept in the dark with a calm tone.

Romero has been working with the DEA office now to go after Bob Paris, but thankfully Alex diverged along the way. He's way too close to the case and I feel he's too involved all because of his mother's name on the ledger. When he went to Norma's place to apologize, you could see he was genuinely sorry. As much as I want him to come out the hero and winner in this, I find that he's had so much piled on conscious. Getting rid of Bob Paris was the only way he could lift most of that weight. I'm team Romero all the way!

Emma is getting hesitant about receiving new lungs! I don't know why she's second guessing a chance at living a healthy life, but I bet she knows Dylan had something to do with it. I'm glad they've kicked off to a good start and he's convinced her to undergo surgery. This is probably the one good thing that happened in this season finale for one of our leading characters.

I knew Bradley wouldn't make it out of this in one piece. She lost it when she shattered everything in her old house. I found it symbolic how she tried to make a fresh with the one person who helped her get out of town (with the assistance of Dylan), using resources that got her dad killed and ultimately tried to get rid of her. At the very end when Norman's inner subconscious took over and brutally murdered Bradley, I couldn't handle how off the edge he's become.

The ending scene with "Be My Baby" by The Ronette's after Norman decides to stay in White Pine Bay; exquisite. He's going to continue covering up murders and insist he's taking his mother's direction. Unless Norma can get him professional help, this will keep going on. Ending this season with upbeat music was the way to go. It's madness, but I'm still tuning in to watch this serial killer grow into his dark side.

No comments: