Monday, April 27, 2015

The Following 3.10, Bates Motel 3.08

The Following 3.10 Evermore
I don't think Joe Carroll is dead! We saw him solemnly go on the table by quoting 'The Raven,' but we don't see the person who injected him. He silently went into the next room but we don't get a focus on his facial features. I know Joe's memory still lives on in Ryan's subconscious, but I think there's more to Joe's legacy then what's left with Ryan's alcoholic tendencies. Maybe I'm not ready to let Joe Carroll go since he was a superb villain. I'm sure a lot of viewers probably feel the same way.

Now Gwen is struggling big time here, but she's given Ryan more than enough chances. She just doesn't understand what he's experienced only because he hasn't let her in. Ryan's just got to stay away from the alcohol now.

Another thing I noticed about Ryan was the irony that he saved Joe from everything else for the lethal injection. It was supposed to be his send-off to preserve him until he meets the ending Ryan wants for him. I know part of him in that prison hostage situation made him succumb to survival instincts. It was the part of him that Joe said was always inside him. This was also what Joe wants; once Joe dies, Ryan gets reborn again. I still don't believe Joe is dead because I'm still in denial.

Bates Motel 3.08 The Pit
I'm stunned that Bob Paris and his thugs beat the living daylights out of therapist James. All for the USB key and information on Norma. I tip my hat off to him for trying to help Norma by speaking to Norman. Unfortunately, that got him into trouble and leaked Norma's secret out (the struggles of survival).

Dylan's the absolute greatest to Emma. In all of this, he still wants to do something good and save her life. He's surrounded by so much confusion and anger, but she's the one good thing in his life that crossed paths with him.

Romero is throwing himself out on a limb for Norma. He needs to take a step back in case this goes haywire. The family dinner was nice, but Norman's subconscious is intensifying. I have no idea if he will go after Caleb or Romero first. I'm thinking Caleb because of the past. Romero may be next if he doesn't distance himself from Norma.

I can't believe that ending! I'm not sure if it's Bradley or if he's seeing things. The dog isn't real so this may be his imagination catching up with him.

No comments: