Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reign 1.08 Fated

Reign 1.08 Fated
Best midseason finale I've seen in a long time! I think Covert Affairs makes great cliffhangers, but this was very well done.

From the beginning, we knew Catherine tried to drive a wedge between Mary and Francis based on Nostradamus's visions. Francis and Mary finally want to get married, which doesn't look good for Catherine's superstitions. I don't think she thought about Francis actually developing feelings for Mary and compared the alliance to what she had with Henry. It's good she decided to tell Mary the truth, but not as an empty threat.

I'm surprised with what's been done with Clarissa's character. At first, I thought she was a forgotten prisoner in the castle. Then, I thought she was a ghost because Charles said she appears only if she wants you to see her. Now we know she's an actual person that Nostradamus has been talking to! I wonder what her 'fate' has been all this time. She looks like she wants to protect Mary, but she murdered Aylee and threw her down the castle stairs. That's my only unanswered question, but a good one to revisit once the show returns in the new year.

Haha Olivia just disappeared after last week. Her role got boring really fast, in my opinion.

I can't believe Diane is actually fleeing the castle grounds. She doesn't have to since Catherine finally got what she wanted, thus far. I'm sure she won't be gone for long since she plans to come back. Legitimising Sebastian is no different then Tomas doing the same by writing to the Vatican. The problem was Diane doing it behind Henry's back, which is also treason. So many political strategies here to guarantee a person's safety in the royal court.

That ending =O!! I am glad she rode off on horseback with Sebastian by her side. Huge statement, but he is on the run anyway because of what his mother Diane. I am sure they will come back, it's all a matter of time. Mary still has to marry Francis no matter what. The only change will probably be whether or not it is a loveless marriage. Francis yelling her name and partially chasing after her down the trail was heart wrenching; that moment made my jaw drop!

Very excited for the rest of the season. I can't explain how happy I am that the show got picked up for a full season. This was a wonderful cliffhanger just in case it didn't get viewers, but wow every episode was made very well! Definitely watch it if you don't mind forgetting they majority of the court is supposed to have French accents haha.

No comments: