Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reign 1.07 Left Behind

Reign 1.07 Left Behind
After this, I can dislike Francis a little less for his actions in the previous episode. Tony Regbo is astounding in his role as the brave prince. It's the classic hero at heart (avoiding the woman on the side Olivia haha) who will do anything for his country and the family he loves. Pure characteristics of a desirable king-to-be. 

I didn't see that Naples invasion tonight. I had my suspicions since it was an unannounced visit immediately following King Henry leaving. It was like a scene out of The Borgias, which totally brought me back to how gory and vivid that show used to portray all their war and fight scenes. I'm telling you right now it's scary stuff, just in case you haven't watched that series. 

I don't like how Bash was locked up in the jail cells for the entire episode. I was hoping he'd go all magical creature of the night and fight some of the guards off, or even save half the castle. Then again, his mother paid the guard to keep him alive. Not a good idea. If the turn out was Francis dying (which doesn't happen historically), Diana would want Bash to be successor to the throne. Catherine would have a hissy fit of course, but she really has her own agenda. 

Where was Nostradamus?! He's usually by Catherine's side and should've been around for this. There's no way he went off with Henry and his guards. He's no use to them and only serves Catherine's side. He better not be praising in the woods. 

I have to wait until next year for the rest of the season now :( it looked like the show was prepared just in case it didn't pick up, and ended the episode with Francis and Mary together. At least it tied up the most important loose end before entering the rest of the season.

It's been a great first half and I can't wait to see the rest :)

No comments: