Friday, November 2, 2007

We the Media

To be honest, I wasn’t too motivated to read this We the Media. I eventually finished it, but it wasn’t too encouraging.

Mainly because all the articles were all over the place and the layout showed several ideas at once on a page. It could also be that it reminded me of a textbook where I thought that I could not concentrate. The readings so far I have enjoyed, but when it came down to We the Media, I did not feel as much of a willingness to learn. It could also be because midterms has just ended and I have also been all over the place with my subjects trying tomake sure every assignment is handed in and every test is completed to the last end.

It wasn’t the context of this book that turned me off, but rather the presentation of the context did not keep me interested. I know I say I am a visual learner, but a layout similar to the one used in We the Media only discouraged me to keep reading. It took me about two weeks to finally finish this book, and by finally finish I sound relieved to have completed this book.


Hazen, Don and Julie Winokur. We the Media. New York: The New P, 1997.

No comments: