Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Month Later

Only a month into this school semester, and I feel so different.

If I had stuck with my old study habits, I surely wouldn’t have survived this month. I used to treat my green highlighter as my soul mate whenever it came down to studying for tests and exams. Now, I don’t even know my green highlighter. A lot of my work is done online or typed out on a word processor. Honestly, I love this new adjustment. High school looks like a playground now that I look back at what I have done. I can do that work in my sleep. Now, I feel so much more independence entitled to me, and I love it.

I don’t have anyone badgering me to get things done at a certain time; I get to be my own boss. Mass Communications and Media Writing are the courses where I found my study habits have matured the most. In my Media Writing course, we have to read through chapter readings in order to progress in the course. I have read and taken notes on everything I have read so far, and absorbed the material better by reading a portion every night. In Mass Communications, I have weekly readings and books assigned for me to read throughout the course. I have accomplished to be on time so far, and I have surprised myself and did not think I could time manage as well as I have. I have a part-time job, and I clock in about 20+ hours a week on top of my fulltime school schedule. I am so glad I’ve learned how to time manage my schedule better than I thought, I just hope I can keep up with this practise and make time to rest.

No comments: