Friday, September 7, 2007

First Day, First Post!

So we received our course outline and syllabus, and I must say I am excited. This is a new start and finally a chance for me to do something I am interested in. This is the second class to ask me to create a blog as a part of the course (the other class is my Internet Survey and Research course). This blog however is different. It is an account I get to make on my own with my own name whereas the one for my other class is somewhat of a forum-type of format.

I haven’t blogged since my early teen years and I am so excited to do it as a part of the course, mainly because I talk too much and it is what I do best? We also got a list of books we need to purchase, thank goodness my sister goes here or I would be lost without her. Even though she is graduating from the Business program, she showed me the book store in Humber and the Media section where I will be purchasing my books.

Mark Lipton is an interesting person, and I think he is a really funny guy who knows when to be serious; a Jack of All Trades. When I saw his syllabus, I saw the group tasks we have to do, the assignments throughout the semester, the books and online readings we have to read, and of course the neat blogs. I began reading Postman, and I like it so far. I've only bought it earlier today at the book store, but it's really good. I'm going to continue it in the car ride home today and hopefully have it done this weekend.

This rushing feeling is like adrenaline; I think it’s because I am now in a new environment and I’m ready to dive in with all the new possibilities. I don’t know what to expect, but I feel ready. Is this normal? Probably not, but only halfway into the week and I find this new experience interesting.

Whoo-hoo for the first blog post of the semester!!

No comments: