Thursday, October 12, 2017

Riverdale 2.01 Chapter Fourteen: A Kiss Before Dying

Riverdale 2.01 Chapter Fourteen: A Kiss Before Dying
I knew Jughead would be smart enough to narrow down the killing was pre-meditated! He identified a possible motive and pinpointed the robbery not making away with any cash. I don't think the South Side Serpents have anything to do with this. They're a harsh biker gang, but they're trying to take care of their own like F.P. took care of them by keeping quiet. I just hope he doesn't stumble into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Betty and Kevin look like they're leaning on each other, similar to the first season's premier. She's scared Jughead will chose the serpents over her, but Kevin is giving her honest talk with being involved with Joaquin. They'll figure it out eventually, but this teen drama for you.

Veronica wasn't ready for her father's return. I laughed when Mark Consuelos sat in the dark to command his presence as Hiram Lodge. I think he's trying to show off the tough side to being the head of the family and how his comeback is out of jail. I guess we'll see if he has anything to do with Fred getting shot, but it could include more than one character. I like that Veronica is sticking with Archie through everything, but her parents may want to make things more difficult for her.

Cheryl is back and crazier than ever! I can't believe she threatened her mom the way she did. Burning the house took a lot of guts, but having to return on this level is fantastic. I'm not saying what she did was right, but I don't blame her with what her family has put her through. I'm looking forward to this version of Cheryl taking control of her own life.

I'm glad to see Fred is back and healing at home. It's nice to see Mrs. Andrews is back to help as well. I just think Archie is angry and beating himself up on what happened at Pop's diner (particularly to him). I think the killer has a personal vendetta against Archie. It looks like he purposely went for his dad and the ending I didn't see coming!

I didn't think I would see Miss Grundy prey on another young student once again. She's the repeat offender who never learns from her mistakes. Her death is the reason why I believe the killer is trying to torture Archie in all of this. It was such an angry murder, I felt it come from a horrible place. There's so many angles I can't wait to explore as the season rolls out.

No comments: