Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Knitting and Nail Art!

Actually pretty proud of this one. My big sister Jamie wanted me to knit her a scarf (one year ago) and I decided to make it for her just last week haha. I finished today and am very pleased with the result.

I got the pattern from The Knitting Teacher on Ravelry and actually altered the pattern with the materials of choice. I used my 6.5mm bamboo needles I got on my trip to Shanghai last May (absolutely love them!) and two skeins of Cascade 128 superwash #1964 in this bold fuschia (both my sisters love pink, which is why my other sister got cable knit mittens from me last year).

The pattern called for US 6, 4.5mm needles but I found it too tight for the feel my sister wanted, so I changed the size and made the scarf shorter in length. It measures 34 inches in length and 11 inches wide. I also stitched it together to make it into an infinity scarf. 

This was a lot of fun to make over the weekend, especially with all the snow I've been shovelling outside! 


Here's also a picture of my nails I did on Friday. Just did some fun tuxedos on them. 


Crafty weekend!! Now back outside for round four of shovelling snow. BRR!!!

No comments: