Friday, April 14, 2017

Riverdale 1.10 Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend

Riverdale 1.10 Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend
Do high school kids get bored with their lives that they invite themselves to people's homes? I don't understand rude children with no respect, but I guess when you're privileged you're not taught better. I felt this episode showed the version of a stereotypical high school, complete with cliques.

It looks like Kevin's boyfriend Joaquin has a soft spot. F.P. is trying to secure Jughead's safety while also watching his own back. It's crazy to watch but I believe Joaquin will eventually do what's best for Kevin. I think the relationship has become real to them and the South Side Serpent gang isn't going to have too much pull.

I'm glad Veronica fought back in  Archie's house against Cheryl. From the beginning, people didn't bother to put together her love for Jason sounded incestuous and inappropriate. I think that it's finally come clear that Veronica's past makes her stronger in Riverdale. It has nothing to do with the money her last name has but more so the fact she knows to be a better version of herself.

Chuck is a pig and I can't believe he was brought back. I understand he was briefly suspended but it doesn't excuse the fact he degrades women. Typical jock who thinks he's privileged and deserves to go play football for a college. It reminds me of the stories of victims from The Hunting Ground. It's a 2015 documentary of young women and men who did not have the support of their schools. It was heartbreaking to see all the victims who were body shamed because the rapists got the support of their schools for their athletic ability. Many good police officers (only one came forward for the documentary) and faculty lost their careers because they wanted to do the right thing and support the women who filed reports. This documentary was well done and is an example of how athletes get a free pass in American schools.

I understand how Jughead doesn't like celebrating his birthday. I have two siblings who aren't phased by celebrating their day either, but I know that if you at least have the birthday cake and loved ones around you, that's all that should matter. I'm glad he climbed out of his shell and let everybody throw him the party. Even though Archie was trying to get over his break up with Valerie, the result was to make sure Jughead had a birthday party.

I'm liking the Archie and Veronica pairing, especially since Veronica is a nice girl for him as well. Although, I think Archie was acting on impulse on his post Valerie break-up.

I'm glad F.P. did the right thing by trying to mend Jughead's birthday. It's a good thing he got involved and made sure Jughead knew Betty was a good girl for him. We're seeing the genuine side of F.P. and this is why i think he just got mixed up with the wrong people at a moment in time.

No comments: