Friday, April 7, 2017

Riverdale 1.09 Chapter Nine: La Grande Illusion

Riverdale 1.09 Chapter Nine: La Grande Illusion
I knew Polly staying with the Blossoms was a set-up for a bigger trap. She made it seem like she was a hostage, but it sounds like she's posing as a victim herself around the Blossom estate. I think they've felt entitled all their lives that bullying comes as natural as breathing.

I feel it's really nice Veronica is extending her kindness towards Ethel. Something she genuinely wanted to do was later fuelled by guilt. I have a feeling her dad's involvement with illegal doings may unravel something bigger. Maybe not necessarily Jason's murder, but it could open more doors to everything else. Did I hear Hermione Lodge say that Clifford Blossom wears a wig? I couldn't stop laughing at that comment under her breath!

I can't handle Archie sometimes. He gets blinded that Cheryl's family actually wanted to do something in his best interest. It's all a political game to see out the Blossoms come out on top. Entertaining the idea of trying to succeed on the wrong side of the fence only puts you in their debt. I'm glad he was able to eavesdrop and get out while he could. It was getting pretty intense though with Cheryl showing how vulnerable she is in her home. It makes sense (but does NOT justify) how her behaviour changes at school. Is she really that desperate that Archie needed to hold a bucket in place for tree sap?

If the Blossoms are involved with tossing Hiram Lodge into jail, maybe they're also responsible for all the mishaps in Riverdale. I don't believe everything is as black and white as everybody makes it seem. Depending on who killed Jason, I feel there's more than one person involved. In order to get away with murder, you'll need accomplices to cover it up. On the flip side, you have to be excellent at covering up or well connected to do it on your own.

No comments: