Friday, March 10, 2017

Riverdale 1.07 Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place

Riverdale 1.07 Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place
I think it's sweet Jughead and Betty are equally supporting one another. This couple can pull together for the truth and show that they don't have to be leftover sidekicks. I'm liking the development, especially since we see a hurting past to Jughead's life. For the sake of my own sanity, I'm glad Archie finally asked the right questions and proved to be a real friend. Offering a home for Jughead to live in is valuable beyond to anything tangible.

I got goosebumps when I saw the purple orchid in the Cooper's kitchen. I know Betty knew where to look for Polly, but the purple orchids were around the Blossoms greenhouse in the fourth episode. Veronica and her mom are as honourable as Archie and Fred by offering Polly to live with them. She'll be safe in the meantime, but I hope she doesn't act out under pressure.

A Holden Caulfield moment, really? I think Catcher in the Rye is good, but I didn't expect it in this storyline. I wouldn't even compare Jughead to the character anyway. He has a dark upbringing but it's also disappointing. His 10 year old sister lives with their mom, but he didn't bother to be with them? I'm confused because he would have been safer (unless of course he wasn't). His character is really growing and developing as the episodes go on.

I almost forgot how annoying Cheryl really is until she opened her mouth. I really didn't miss her absence in the previous episode either. She purposely causes destruction and trouble but regrets it once she slews her parents in the mix. The witchhunt for Polly was awful and the Blossoms are so extra in personality just because their rich. I won't be surprised if it the parents were tied to Jason's murder.

On that note, I don't think F.P. killed Jason. There were drugs in the car that Jughead touched, so I think he scooped it up with the jacket and left. Every parent (except Fred Andrews) has been considered as the one responsible for killing Jason Blossom. I won't be surprised if the mayor is the next suspect on Sheriff Keller's list.

No comments: