Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ivan & Alyosha at The Garrison

I'm so happy that I went to this show on a whim. My friend Stacey had a house warming party at her new place with Dana, so I made sure to swing by before heading to the show downtown. I was recommended to this band by my friend Chloe. Their sound is very mellow and calming. I guess you can say they are an indie band but their music is catchy and easy to sing a long to.

I couldn't resist, I had to buy their CD. The band was nice enough to sign it for me and I appreciated it so much. They've been through a lot, having their band equipment stolen back in Atlanta. I'm glad to see the previous band they've toured with lent them all their gear to complete the remainder of the tour. I can't believe people car-jack an entire van full of band equipment, it's awful!

The spirit of Ivan & Alyosha is comforting to witness. When a band sticks together to play their music, it shows their fans to never give up and to keep on going on. More artists and bands should be like them =).


No comments: